As part of our new alliance with Bath Artists’ Studios and the support of the British Film Institute, we’re taking on some new members of the team. Take a look at the below and apply by 24th June!
Project Manager for Bath based Touring Cinema Project
Freelance Part Time (approx. 6 days per month / 1.4 days per week)
7 Events over 9 Months
August 2016 – April 2017
£100 per day
A great opportunity to be part of a unique project taking innovative documentary to new audiences in Bath.
Since 2012 Pop up Docs has been showing some of the world’s greatest documentaries in some of Bath’s most unusual places. This year, with the support of the British Film Institute and a newly formed partnership with Bath Artists’ Studios, we’re taking on some new members of the team to undertake some exciting new projects.
Overall Project Role Brief:
To undertake the key role of overseeing Pop Up Docs project management and deliver Pop Up Docs’ 7 events over a 10 month programme. You will be the main lead for the delivery of the events and work in conjunction with both the artistic director and development officer in supporting the aims, mission and strategic objectives. This involves being an ambassador for the organisation, coordinating in the lead up and delivery of on site events, building and maintaining relationships with venue and driving forward new initiatives to ensure long term growth and sustainability.
As a new position, it is anticipated that the role will develop over time, and a review of this Job Description will take place after the first six months.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 24th June 2016
Interview Date: Wed 6th July
- Overall management (budget / planning / implementation)
- Input into new projects and initiatives
- Be self motivated and used to working independently on creative, event based projects.
- Keep accurate financial records of the project (in conjunction with the Finance Manager)
- Develop relationships with filmmakers and distributors and work with the Art Director to ensure Pop Up Docs delivers an exciting schedule of screenings
- Develop relationships with other events, festivals and arts-based organisations in the area to encourage collaboration and a sharing of resources
- Work with the Art Director to ensure that Pop Up Docs is delivering an exciting and relevant film schedule, including developing new ideas for screenings, venues and other audience experiences
- Represent Pop Up Docs to statutory authorities, funders and other key partners
- Act as an ambassador and advocate for Pop Up Docs and the arts generally in the region
- Other reasonable duties as deemed necessary
- Set up and co-ordinate screenings (approx 10 per year) including procuring appropriate licences and securing venues and equipment.
- Research and produce screening notes for each event
- Ensure that Pop Up Docs screenings are of the highest standard
- Manage Pop Up Docs’ network of volunteers
- Ensure solid budgeting, financial management and monitoring of project activity
- Ensure adherence to the organisation’s policies and procedures with particular reference to Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
- General marketing and promotion of Pop Up Docs including producing bi-annual e-newsletters, regular blogs on the website and using social media to ensure we have an online presence in the local community
- Managing the Pop Up Docs audience database and develop ways to grow it
- Develop a clear marketing plan for the season of screenings (e.g. Be aware of awards seasons, other local festivals or other events in the calendar that would allow Pop Up Docs to maximise marketing opportunities)
- Marketing and promote each individual screening through social media, print media and targeted marketing tactics
- Promote Pop Up Docs to potential sponsors
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- Implement audience research to ensure we are fulfilling the needs of our current audiences as well as targeting specific groups who don’t traditionally access independent cinema in the Bath area
- Assess funding priorities and work in conjunction with the development officer to obtain funds.
- Provide information and support in the submission of funding applications
- Ensure compliance with the legal requirements of funding bodies including those relevant to local authority partnerships and others.
We welcome flexible working and for much of the project you will be able to choose the days and hours you work / create your own schedule, however you should be available for the 7 events themselves which will likely take place during unsociable hours (evenings and potentially some weekends). Although the contract equates to 1.4 days / week, in busy periods you may need to work up to 3 days/ week and in quieter periods just 1 day / week.
A desk space is available at Bath Artists Studios (Comfortable Place, Bath, BA1 3AJ) but we are happy for home-working also or a combination of both. You must be able to travel to Bath Artists Studios for occasional meetings and to screening venues (Bath area only).